National sea training school T.S. Vindicatrix.
Length 263feet, Beam 39feet, 1946 gross Tons.
1893, Built on the Clyde as “Arranmore”.
1903, Wrecked at Algoa Bay, ashore for five months
then towed 6,800 miles to the Clyde.
1910, Sold to Germany, re-named “Waltraute”.
1913, Dismasted, became Hamburg Seaman’s
1915, German Naval Auxiliary U Boat crew’s rest
1918, In Leith Roads, repatriation depot for
German M.N. crews.
1920, Surrendered to British.
1923, Bought by the Shipping Federation, re-named
1926, Became Gravesend, Sea School.
1939, Towed from Thames to Sharpness on the river